Sunday

So What the Heck is Demi-Permanent Color?!


In my quest for hair color ideas, I finally ended up at my salon. I came to the conclusion that it was just better for everyone (especially myself) if I left this to the professionals. This was my first encounter with demi-permanent hair color.

So what is it exactly? It's sort of like a semi-permanent color but lasts 4-6 weeks instead of a few shampoos. It does have hydrogen peroxide in it (like a permanent dye) to deposit color, but at lower levels. That means it's not as damaging to your hair. Demi-permament colors adds shine, blends grays like a semi-permanent color and enriches the color overall.

Even though demi-permanent dyes have the hydrogen peroxide, they don't really lighten your hair. Once again, these dyes will boost your color or darken it only.

After a lot of discussion and going through several hair color ideas with my colorist, I ended up using a demi-permanent color. It perfectly disguises the few little pesky grays that have sprouted up on the top of my head. My colorist blended 2-3 colors with my natural color, which I never would have been able to do on my own in a million years. It gives me wonderful depth and shine.
Here's another bonus feature if you color your hair - more volume and fullness. Who knew?!
Even though I went to a professional, it's easy to work with demi colors at home. The key is having try colors and get information to get the results that you want and be able to maintain them.

Powered by ScribeFire.